Loft Conversion Prices London
What is the Price to Convert Your Loft? What Should I Consider?
If you are planning to convert your loft so that you have more living space in your home then there are 3 important factors to be looked at to determine the price of your loft conversion.
- Firstly – the height of your loft from floor to roofline must be at least 2.3 metres (about 8 feet) otherwise it is unlikely that there will be enough height to satisfy Building Control 2.0mtrs headroom at the top of the stairs.
- Secondly – access to the loft must be considered. The space on the floor below will need to be able to accomodate the installation of a staircase wide enough to allow furniture to be moved into the loft.
- Lastly – Planning permission is not usually required providing:
- The new space is no more than 50m3 (40m3 if your house is terraced)
- It does not extend your roof above the existing ridge, or towards the road.
- You use roof windows such as VELUX. There are restrictions in creating dormer windows, particularly on the front elevation.
- Your home is not listed. If it is you will need to apply for listed building consent. Roof windows are sometimes permitted in listed buildings, providing the placement and construction of them is deemed suitable by the conservation department of your local authority. VELUX has a range of roof windows that have been specially designed for use in historic buildings.
Even if your loft conversion doesn’t require planning permission, it will still need to conform to rigorous building control inspections and sign-off.
SMA Lofts have qualified architects and builders who can carry this out for you.
London Loft Conversion Prices Guide:
Approximate costs for loft conversions in London.
As a guide, you can expect to pay around £900 – £1,400 per square meter for a bespoke loft conversion in London. Please note that these figures are only a guide and costs will vary depending on internal finishes etc.
Average Cost: £29,000-£33,000 inc VAT
Average Cost: £35,000-£39,000 inc VAT
Average Cost: £40,000-£46,000 inc VAT
Average Cost: £41,000-£46,000 inc VAT
What value will a loft conversion add to my property?
A loft conversion can add up to 20% to the value of a house and can be completed in a relatively quick time in approximately ten to twelve weeks depending on the size.
Why should I convert my loft?
A loft conversion is one of the quickest and easiest ways of creating a substantial amount of living space in your home, without stealing space from your garden. It is tremendously versatile too – whether you need a extra bedroom, bathroom or workspace, a loft can become anything you want it to be.
Need a Quote? Get In Touch With Us!
If you would like to discuss your loft conversion and get a free estimate call us on 020 8537 0361 or our freephone number 0800 068 4606 or click the link below to request a callback and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible.REQUEST A CALLBACK >